Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tribute to Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi

These days I have been hearing a lot of Gazals from Ghalib. Was so inspired by it that I have tried extending one of the most famous of his gazals by two verses of my own. My tribute to the greatest poet of all time in Urdu.

हज़ारों ख्वाहिशें ऐसी के हर ख्वाहिश पे दम निकले,
बहुत निकले मेरे अरमान लेकिन फिर भी कम निकले.


मुझे उस राह-ए-मज़ाज़ी ना था जाना कभी लेकिन,
चला जब में तो मुझसे मेरे मुनकीर कदम निकले

(Raah-e-mazazi : way of the materialistic, munkir : atheist / one who doesnt believe)

घुटन इस बज़म-ए-कुश मे नामंज़ूर हमें फिर भी
ना हम जा सके ना उनसे मुदब्बिर रहम निकले

(Bazm-e-Kush : Happy crowd, mudabbir - Judicious)

P.S. have tried writing this in urdu which isnt first , second or third language to me. I have tried using minimum vocab and dictionary to best suit the poetry for my thought. Apologies if I have used it incorrectly, please feel free to correct me.

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization