Sunday, August 9, 2009

I am A Clown - A Poem

I AM A CLOWN
-Jaykumar Shah
The bells rang, the theatre is set,
The audience is here and I am dressed,
For today I am the clown sans fret,
And yesterday I was the boy supressed.

I act, leaving my self in the green room,
I close myself in a trunk and turn puppet,
Or am I a puppet when I dont clown around,
Dancing on the tunes, that the others set.

I jump from the horse, I run after dwarfs,
Falling from the sky I catch girls' scarfs,
They laugh at me, the hero takes it all,
I have to be ready tomorrow for another fall

They go, enjoying my failed clowing flight,
My rags they might not and not even my plight,
I am back in to the room, a place I dont own,
I take myself out, wearing down the clown,
I dont belong to my life, to its tune neither,
I am an actor, I am a clown, I prefer either,

I love to live my life, leaving my self away,
I love to see them smile and ridicule my way,
I love to be on stage, as that is my game ball,
Still I wish, I wish I am not the one to fall.

No comments:

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization